Fin. Analyst II (Sr Acct)
***Title is misleading...This is Accounting work, with a little analysis. ****
Financial Analyst II, (Sr Accountant) Corp Finance
The Company is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Financial Analyst II is responsible for analysis of costs, trends and variances, as well as, collaboration with others on current processes that will lead to efficiencies in the daily processes and various projects.
1. Responsible for the accounting of the travel card and procurement cards, including the recording of any rebates associated with the cards.
2. Responsible for the calculation, analysis, reporting and accounting for third party rep commissions. This includes reviewing and understanding the agreements with our third party representatives, sending monthly reports to these reps and keeping the sales group and controller informed on any issues.
3. Responsible for the calculation, analysis, reporting and accounting for all warranty costs and accruals. This includes the allocation of warranty costs, calculation of warranty lag accruals and reporting of warranty expense. In addition, this includes reporting warranty expense to the quality group and working with the quality group on major campaigns, tracking the accruals and costs related to the campaigns.
4. Responsible for the review of certain corporate cost centers. This includes working with the cost center owners on forecast and plan and reviewing actuals to make sure all expense are properly recorded.
5. Responsible for other general accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to, journal entries and reconciliations related to miscellaneous accruals, rebates, etc.
6. Responsible for assisting in the completion of other duties as required. This includes the following:
a. Assisting / backing up others in Hussmann Finance group.
b. Assisting with / leading some projects that support the above areas (especially improvements in the above areas).
* 5 yrs experience
: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
: Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
: Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus.
: Effective communication skills; customer service oriented
: Excellent organizational skills
: Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analysis skills
: Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently